The Coaching and Games Committee have asked a committee of Tom Moloney (Interim Games Manager), Eamon Cusack (Chairperson, Coiste Na nOg) and Padraig O’Meara (Secretary, Coiste Na nOg) to carry out a review of underage structures and fixtures with a view to bring proposals to the Structures committee by Sept 2016.
The review will be carried out as follows –
Phase 1 – clubs make written submissions to the committee by 27th June 2016
Phase 2- Regional meeting with clubs representatives where clubs in cluster will get an opportunity to comment and provide feedback on the written submissions – Late July
Phase 3 – Draft report to be presented to a meeting of club representatives – 1st week Sept
In order to kick off the process we are asking clubs to send in their submissions regarding issues that impact on them and in doing so to consider some of the following –
– Go Games at U8/U10 – in order to give all the children a game – that club amalgamations not be allowed at this level.
– U8/U10 – all games to be played by each age U7/U8/U9/U10 where the numbers allow for this
– U8/U10 – how many blitz’s per age group
– Go Games fixtures not to clash with Cumann Na mBunscoil competitions
– U12 – how many blitz’s per age group
– U14 Feile – which method is preferred
Current league format – Knock out competition – Blitz day – U13 competition in Autumn of previous year-
– Are club amalgamations at U14/U16/U18 meeting the dual requirement of giving all players a match and giving the better players the opportunity to play at the ‘A’ level.
– Minor inter county will go to U17 in 2018 – should club follow this route.
– U14/U16/U18 – how many matches to be provided to each age grade.
– U14/U16/U18 – format of championships A/B/C
– U14/U14/U18 competitions to finish early/mid-September to allow the post primary schools take part in their competitions
– Offaly GAA run U14 Football and Hurling blitz for post primary schools from Sept to December and possible invite in schools from neighbouring counties
All submissions to be emailed to Tom Moloney at email@example.com