Head of Operations – Offaly GAA
Cumann Lúthchleas Gael is Ireland’s leading sporting and cultural organisation with membership approaching one million people and more than 500,000 playing participants at all levels. Inspired and supported by the voluntary efforts of its members, the GAA is focused on the development and promotion of Gaelic Games and culture on the island of Ireland and in local communities.
The Association is constantly responding to the growing and changing needs of our members, players, volunteers, and supporters. Offaly GAA is currently recruiting for a Head of Operations who will be directly responsible for assisting and developing with the Offaly County Executive the long- and short-term objectives and priorities for the development of our games in Offaly, whilst carrying out duties in relation to the day to day management and operations of the County Executive’s activities.
Reporting to the Office of the Ard Stiúrthóir of the GAA, and the County Chairperson, the Head of Operations will provide direction and leadership to management and staff and oversee the effective development of Offaly GAA. will be responsible for overseeing the administration and management of financial activities of in Offaly GAA and providing the leadership and insight, to successfully implement the strategic direction of the GAA in the county.
This role requires a motivated Senior Professional with a strong interest and passion for GAA.
Duties and Responsibilities shall include:
• In conjunction with the County Chairperson, Games Staff and Officers of the Management Committee, The Head of Operations will have direct input to performance & strategy of all Offaly County Teams, Development Squads, Clubs and schools.
• To work in conjunction with the County Executive committee to develop and implement a clear strategic vision and plan for Offaly GAA.
• Assist the County Chairperson and Secretary with production of an annual operations plan and a framework to enable officers to operate as an effective team.
Oversee Offaly GAA Operations
• Support the Country Treasurer, administration staff and volunteers in the planning, preparation, reporting on and implementation of monthly Financial Reporting, KPI’s and the annual Budget process. This will include the provision of ongoing financial forecasts and commentary on all variance analysis.
• Responsible for developing the county commercially by identifying and seeking out partnership opportunities for the Offaly GAA with external parties and developing appropriate approaches to engage the parties professionally presenting the specific opportunity for support.
• Maintain internal controls to the highest standards recommending updated/revised procedures where required to the County Officers while ensuring proper governance and accountability in all aspects of the County Committee’s financial dealings.
• Overall responsibility for the operation and financial management of O’Connor Park & Faithful Fields, including acting as a key stakeholder on all match days. This extends to the management of ongoing development of the county facilities. Other duties include the provision and guidance to the County Executive on all property related matters.
• Manage the operational structure of the county on a day-to-day basis to include the management and supervision of all personnel and volunteers as required.
• Oversee the operation of the Offaly GAA and National Ticketing systems.
• An appropriate qualification with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a management role or have at least 6 years’ experience working in a senior management role;
• Exceptional leadership and organisational skills with the ability to foster and implement effective financial management;
• Proven experience of establishing and delivering a strategic plan to generate outstanding results;
• Excellent people management skills with the ability to build and maintain strong business and team relationships and manage conflict;
• Superb stakeholder management skills, including a proven ability to build enthusiasm for commercial or sponsorship opportunities, with an aptitude for brand management;
• Proven track record in the area of Project Management with exceptional organisational skills and experience of working to tight deadlines and achieving set targets;
• Excellent administrative and IT skills are essential with exceptional attention to detail and efficiency at keeping records;
• Exceptional communication/presentation skills (verbal and written);
• Proven ability to work in high-pressure situations, and a willingness to work out of office hours and some weekends;
• At least 3-5 years’ experience of working in the GAA or similar sporting organisation (Voluntary or Professional Capacity).
Candidates interested in the above role should apply with an up to date cover letter and Curriculum Vitae at https://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=2040312 on or before 1pm on Wednesday, 6th April 2022.
Please note the role is subject to Garda Vetting.
Offaly GAA is an equal opportunities employer.